Stand Out at Your Next Trade Show
It’s hard to stand out of the crowd a trade show. If your booth doesn’t look interesting, people won’t be interested! A well-designed trade show booth has an open format that encourages prospective customers to enter, converse and comfortably browse your products and services.
Here are some tips to get you the attention you deserve.
- Make your booth unique: If you’re going to make the investment in a trade show, the first item you should spend your money on is a booth that will stand out. Investing in a quality booth that you can use and re-use for years to come is the best option. Your booth should reflect your brand, and the message that you want to promote. Trying to retrofit older marketing pieces (banners/posters etc) with string and tape doesn’t create the professional look prospective customers expect to see at trade shows. A good guide is to spend as much on your booth as you’ve spent on the space in the show - the great news is that an upfront spend on a quality booth will provide years of returns with only minimal costs to refresh graphics.
- Giveaways: Let’s face it, who doesn’t love a freebie?Unique is best, but at the same time, you most likely won’t be generating positive buzz with really cheap items for every visitor. Instead try giving away a slightly more expensive item through an hourly draw – this maintains your budget / creates a reason for people to come back to your booth multiple times while at the show and creates a good opportunity to collect contact information for further follow-up after the show. You can incorporate social media (see 6) to keep visitors abreast of when your draws will occur.
- Games with prizes: Games can create a level of excitement and buzz around your area. Before participants can play, take the opportunity to have them “sign up” with contact info or leave a business card to earn the chance to win the “big prize” (a higher value giveaway)
- Show it off if you can: If your product lends itself well to demonstration, then make sure you can provide a quick and effective showcase. Think of the trade show attendees as recurring sales calls, and your booth is your mini infomercial stage.
- Incorporate Technology: Don’t underestimate the draw of that screen- digital signage and touch screens can attract attention and be used to show all the additional things you want potential customers to see.
- Use social media during the show: Using down time at your booth to post comments and pictures from the event helps you connect with more than just your attendees.Plus, if it is a multiple day show, you may bring some people out to play that game or win that prize, or watch you demo your product live.Make sure that you are using trade show related hashtags so that visitors can find your posts.
A well designed trade show booth makes an impact by being memorable, informative, inviting and fun! Have questions for us? We're happy to provide you with specific recommendations based on your trade show marketing needs - ask us about booking a no-cost consultation with one of our visual communication experts. Contact Speedpro Imaging Burloak today. 905-582-4873