10 questions our designer will ask you when designing your logo...
1. HOW DO YOU DESCRIBE YOUR COMPANY’S SERVICES AND/OR PRODUCTS?
This is very important because based on how you describe your business or products, designers can decide which direction to go in.
2. WHICH LOGOS DO YOU LIKE?
Do some research and see what logos resonate with you. Also, what logos do you dislike? What do your competitors’ logos look like?
3. WHAT DO YOU WANT YOUR NEW LOGO TO ACCOMPLISH?
Describe what your brand should say about your company. What message should it convey?
4. WHO ARE YOUR MAIN COMPETITORS?
Take a look at your competitors’ logos and brands. Figure out what shapes and colors are commonly used. It’s very important to consult with your designer so they can create distinctive logo designs.
5. WHAT’S THE MAIN AGE RANGE OF YOUR TARGET CUSTOMER BASE?
Every company has an age demographic they’re trying to reach (even if they don’t say so publicly).
6. DO YOU HAVE ANY COLOR PREFERENCES OR EXISTING BRAND COLORS?
It’s important for a logo designer to understand the client’s preferences.
7. DO YOU HAVE ANY FONTS THE DESIGNER SHOULD CONSIDER?
Like colors, fonts convey and inspire emotion.
8. DO YOU HAVE A SLOGAN, TAGLINE, OR MOTTO? DOES IT NEED TO BE INCORPORATED IN THE LOGO?
Rules must be set for font size, such as when a logo is used by itself and when the logo is used with a slogan.
9. WHICH BRANDS INSPIRE YOU?
What brands resonate with you? Are there any brands you dislike?
10. WHAT’S A REASONABLE TIME FRAME TO CREATE THE BEST LOGO?
Give the designer time to research, think, understand your business needs, sketch, and take necessary actions to create a great logo.